FSA Triathlon Coaching is based on the Kāpiti Coast in New Zealand and is led by coach Tom Bland.
We are a specialist triathlon coaching service offering a range of coaching options and plans to help you achieve your triathlon goals. We work with anyone from junior athletes to seasoned Ironmen.
The FSA Coaching Method
At FSA Coaching, we follow 5 simple principles which guide how we develop our services and how we work with athletes:
- Training should be fun and purposeful;
- Athletes should understand their goals and the path to achieving them;
- Our athletes make the most of their time through intelligent and targeted training;
- We train to race through race simulation; and (most importantly)
- Enjoy the process!
We can help you to achieve your athletic ambitions through customised training plans, coaching services and tri squads.
Tom is a Level 1 Accredited Triathlon NZ coach. He has worked with a number of individual athletes, clubs and junior groups.
He is also an age-group triathlete with a few semi-decent results from his own triathlon career:
- Rotorua Quarter Ironman Champion 2017 & 2018;
- 3rd 2018 NZ National Cross-Country Championships (M35-39);
- 3rd 2017 NZ National Marathon Championships (M35-39);
- 2nd 2016 Tri NZ National Championships (M35-39);
- 2nd 2009 Tri NZ National Long Course Championships (M30-34);
- 3rd 2004 British Triathlon National Rankings (M25-29)
Tom has completed Ironman NZ twice and Ironman Wales; represented GB at the 2003 World Champs in Queenstown, has a half ironman PB of 4.19 and a half marathon PB of 1.15.
Why FSA Coaching?
FSA has a couple of meanings:
- Full Speed Ahead – The tireless pursuit of achieving a goal. Full Speed Ahead embodies the concept of determined dedication to sporting and life goals. FSA Coaching is here to help you navigate a path to achieving those goals.
- Fun, Spirit and Adventure – Here’s what triathlon is really about – getting out there, enjoying the experience and seeing some of our awesome environment in the process.
But most importantly to me, FSA are the initials of my three amazing kids – Finlay, Samuel and Amelie!